Friday, February 4, 2011

Loving Skylar



Skylar... She made my life worth a damn, I had never had a friend except for my mother Fawn. On my 6th birthday I ventured out into the wild woods and saw her, grazing in a field ever so peacefully. I pranced up to her carefully and gave her a ripe green apple, ever since then we were like two pea's in a pod.


I loved to run around our field with Skylar, spinning, twirling, dancing, swirling... it was the best part of my day. Skylar knew me like no one else did, she understood me. At school I was treated as a invisible freak who had long pointed ears and an ancient white dress, I would always go to Skylar to spill my sorrows, no one liked me for who I was, I wasn't changing for them.


I often read to Skylar while she ate, I would sit on her spare hay bale and read aloud my favorite book, Where's Bella. I wouldn't leave Skylar's side until the sky changed from a light blue to a deep black twinkling with stars.


10 years later....

I was as close to Skylar as ever, I now had the courage to get on Skylar's back and ride on the shallow's of the ocean. Every time I pulled myself up and over on to her back I felt free and heroic, I never lead Skylar anywhere she was in control, our rides would last hours and each time we ended up in the same place under the Oak Tree. I walked home and got ready for my first day of being a fresh man, the halls were crowded with students, I didn't realize he was there until we fell over each other.


I invited the boy who's name I later learned was Charlie over to see my horse, but I knew he wasn't interested in the horse, he was interested in me, my heart fluttered when he started flirting with me, he was my first crush. It wasn't long before I shared my first kiss. I had never had this sort of socialization before so it was awkward at first but I gradually melted into his arms.



Soon everything was about Charlie we explored parts of our town that were forbidden, we raced each other and we had picnics on the beach. I was neglecting Skylar, It was in the back of my head and I knew it was wrong but I was too focused on Charlie. I walked home hand in hand with Charlie still half thinking about Skylar, he tucked me into my bed and gave me a quick peck on my forehead before closing my door and leaving our house.



I woke up to a car grumbling and a women crying, I chucked on my clothes and ran outside to see Skylar being taken by a strange man and... CHARLIE! they were loading Skylar into a horse trailer, I was about to jump on Skylar but Charlie pulled me back forcefully, I couldn't fight such a strength, tears started leaking down my face and I joined my mother in crying. I wasn't released from Charlie's grip until Skylar was driven away...


We couldn't stay at that town anymore, so we moved to Bridgeport for a fresh start. I cried for Skylar but she would never come back for me. I looked out of the car window to see multiple towers and clubs, I wished I was back in my field running around with Skylar like I did when I was a child. I climbed out of the car and stood just outside our new home and I immediantly broke down, my mother came to comfort me but it was to late. I couldn't save Skylar and my mother couldn't save me.



I looked around and paused as I saw a smaller version of Skylar eating gracefully in our backyard. Maybe not all was lost.... After all we were under the Magical Oak Tree.

The End

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heart-Felt story! i LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete