Sunday, October 30, 2011

Behind Blue Eyes




From a distance you can hear me

Although no one might suspect

I live alone past the trees

Where no-one can object


My stony face grows colder

As the afternoon sun goes down

I fidget, squirm, trying to budge

But all i can do is frown



The silence grows eerie

As my soft tears turn hard

I try to wipe them quickly

Before my heart shatters to shards



The wind comforts me quickly,

like a leaf flowing in the breeze

Taking away the unbearing pain

I never had felt so lonely

Would my life ever be the same?



The trenching forest engulfs me

Threatening with no despair

I push and struggle, saving myself

But no-one wanted to care



I shimmer in the moonlight

Wanting to be free

My heart ached strongly

But, no-one could see me



My tears leak down my face, like a gushing tap

Dropping into a small growing pool

my face turns down, inquisitively

but I end up feeling like a fool



The light glimmers on my face

 Now the trees were gone

The seasons had changed quickly

I was happy not to mourn


I see them leering carefully

Their eyes as cautious as a cat

They move forward, approaching

I was giddy, bouncing like a brat



The tears re-appear

Not in sadness, but in joy

I smile and I smirk like a small happy child

But then, most importantly, I freeze and coy.

2 comments: